tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: interpool.c: initPool
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:28:31 GMT
we're still talking about

   interpool.c:485   int initPool(websh_server_conf * conf)

> We should also return 0 to let the next layer up know that we weren't
> successful.

I would actually also remove the "called" stuff, since this also can't
happen because by definition it should be called only once.
The whole issue is somehow not handled consistently now:

- why do we check at all?
- if we really get there, why do we destroy the pool but not the
  mainInterp?
- what happens if we actually return 0 (can an init_child func fail)?

Summing it up, I'd dump the whole if clause:

  int initPool(websh_server_conf * conf)
  {
      Tcl_FindExecutable(NULL);

      /* create a single main interpreter */
      conf->mainInterp = createMainInterp(conf);

      return 1;
  }

In addition, we should find out what to do if we ever return 0 in initPool.