tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: ap_chdir_file(r->filename);
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:11:47 GMT
> > So we might have to provide these accessors already. How about some
> > additions to web::config such as serverdir (Apache ServerRoot),
> > documentroot (Apache DocumentRoot), pooldir (directory of current
> > interppool), confdir (Apache WebshConfig)
>
> > Does that make sense?
>
> Yes... but... won't this introduce a split between mod_websh powered
> app's and CGI apps?  I think the cwd should be where the file is
> located, but I'm not sure how to work around the threading problem,
> and am currently investigating.

I wouldn't mind having websh just return an empty string in the CGI
case for the unknown paths. Actually: some servers (e.g. Apache ;-) do
put these paths into the CGI environment, so we could try to access
them from the environment within websh3: DOCUMENT_ROOT, SERVER_ROOT,
[file dirname $env(SCRIPT_FILENAME)] ...

Apopos investigating the threading stuff: how does Apache 2 handle
CGI? Per definition, the cwd of the cgi process is the directory in
which the cgi resides.