tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: ap_chdir_file(r->filename);
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:42:41 GMT
> ap_chdir_file(r->filename);
>
> Any good reason not to do perform this operation?  I think it makes
> sense to be operating in the directory that the file is in.

I don't think that this will work in Apache 2.0: changing the working
directory in a multi-threaded environment is not a good idea according
to my experience ;-)

> I ask, because otherwise things like:
>
> source [file join . websh.com.gen]

In that respect, this is not a good thing to do anyway. Absolute paths
should be used.

> in index.ws3, become a bit problematic (or at least it seems that way
> to me...).

For simplicity, we could provide some easy to use accessors to
different directories (like server root, document root, path to current
interp-pool source, or similar). But I wouldn't try to include this in
the current release: we wanna finish soon, right?