tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Brazile <ja...@netcetera.ch>
Subject File Upload Question
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:55:29 GMT

While working on recent project, the customer asked me to please report
which versions of the popular browsers support file upload.

While investigating this, I ran across the following:

	The main technical challenge of handling file uploads is that
	it potentially involves sending more data to the CGI script
	than the script can hold in main memory. For this reason CGI.pm
	creates temporary files in either the /usr/tmp or the /tmp
	directory. These temporary files have names like CGItemp125421,
	and should be deleted automatically.

Does websh also do this? And if not, should it?

Jason