tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: current status: core dump - GOT IT
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 15:08:53 GMT
> > However if we have a problem with the file system and/or permissions
> > on our file, we might want to check. -> check for errno != ENOENT
> > before logging (or some other flags), and do not return in any case
> > (just keep trying to remove the other files seems to be the proper
> > approach). David: can you look at this?
>
> Ok, I'm curious... are you actually getting stuff in the error_log
> file?  I don't see anything.

I still had crashes even w/o the return: the call to  Tcl_PosixError
crashed, because when destroying the requestdata, interp == 0. -> I
changed that to  Tcl_ErrnoMsg(Tcl_GetErrno()), which is independent of
the interpreter.

Why no logs? I also looked at this: we don't get any logs, when interp
is NULL, which it is in our case. It is not, when a slave interpreter
is deleted. However, even there, the interp is already marked as
deleted, which prevents access to assoc data in the log facility ->
even providing a valid interp pointer (instead of NULL) does not
create any logs. (So the statments are actually for nothing ;-). I
left them in anyway and fixed them so theoretically, they would report
properly what's happening.

Ronnie