tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: current status: core dump - GOT IT
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 19:36:11 GMT
> > Since I ran all tests w/o problem this afternoon, some of the
> > changes from David or me must have created a problem. Anyone else
> > with similar observations?
>
> Damn... they work for me.  I will go back through and look at them
> all.

I tracked t down: the fix of checking the return value of remove in
requst.c line 212ff causes the dump because of the return TCL_ERROR.
It seems we don't properly clean up some memory in hat case.
The checking does not make sense anyway: not being able to remove a
tempfile is usually not a problem because it's not there in the first
place: remove is called for every filename that was generated using
[web::tempfile]. If the process removes it directly (or does not even
use it), we shouldn't really log an error.
However if we have a problem with the file system and/or permissions
on our file, we might want to check. -> check for errno != ENOENT
before logging (or some other flags), and do not return in any case
(just keep trying to remove the other files seems to be the proper
approach). David: can you look at this?

Ronnie