tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: TODO List - towards a release.
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:42:53 GMT
davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> I don't think we can get much better than this.  We can hack
> cmdurlcfg -scheme to return the default if it's not inserted, which
> should make things work a little bit better.  Adding a second
> variable might also make things a bit clearer, as you wouldn't have
> 'scheme' doing double duty both as a config container and as
> something that gets data from an external source.  One variable
> would contain the config options, or null if there is none, the
> other would get filled in by the environment, and the logic to pick
> and choose from the variables would be in the actual url
> constructor.

This works ok, and passes the test as they stand now.  We have two
variables.  One gets filled in if there is a user specified config.
One gets filled in at request time.  If the user specified scheme is
set, then we always use that.  Otherwise, use whatever we have
received off the web.  I have committed this.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/