tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Default of maxrequests in mod_websh
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:48:39 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> Anyway, the question is: does it make sense to have a default of 0
> (interps live forever by default). The code now sets the default to
> 1, which makes sure every interp is destroyed after the first
> call. This was ment as a security feature (easy migration of CGI's
> that do not really care about session cross-talk across requests...)

> I'm open: either change the code or the documentation. what about
> you guys?

Sounds to me like a logical default.  Inexperienced or new users won't
encounter "unexpected" problems due to the lack of a cleanup.  Those
who know better can change the default and then know to pay attention
to what they are doing.  I have tried to follow this principle with
dtcl and Rivet.  Keep it simple for the beginner, and give the expert
all the rope they need to hang themselves.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/