tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject docbook findings
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:51:21 GMT

Jason and I sat down to have a look at how to deal with the docbook
sources we currently have, to be able to make the most of them.

Our findings:

XSL does allow one to override definitions of how text is output, so
we can control by just changing what we need.

There is a 'command' tag, which may be combined with other tags such
as 'arg' (inside of 'cmdsynopsis' for definitions), which seems to fit
our needs better than 'function'.  Leaving 'function' alone also
leaves us the possibility to document C code as docbook intended,
should the need ever arise.

So, I think the steps to take are the following:

1) With a few sample commands, make sure that we can override the
   appropriate output options, in order to automatically produce
   things such as ?foo? for optional command arguments.

Then, once we have output that we like,

2) Go about replacing the markup with something more appropriate than
   'emphasis' tags - 'command' and 'arg'.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/