tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From "David Welton" <dav...@dedasys.com>
Subject Re: tests related patches
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:36:50 GMT
> I checked Mercurial's website yesterday. There are some very interesting
> characteristics (like the non-existence of a central repository) and it's
> simple. It would be interesting in a small work group without the need
> of intense centralization. It wouldn't fit my needs though. I do need a
> central repository even for my personal projects.
>
> What do you guys think about Git? It was to me a recent discover
> that linux kernel switched from subversion to git.

I think I'll wait till things are sorted out amongst these different
systems.  Subversion works fine for me at the moment, and I don't see
much of a competitive advantage in utilizing one of the new systems
(darcs is another one).  When just one or two emerge as winners, then
maybe it'll be time to take a look.  I'd rather save my explorations
for other areas - like Google's Android.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/