tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From "David Welton" <dav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using 'load_response' with checkboxes
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:41:23 GMT
> I'm using 'load_response' to handle the data being passed in
> by a form where several checkboxes are used. I don't know
> if i'm using checkboxes in an orthodox way but I
> would like to have a list containing the lines numbers
> for which  the corresponding checkbox is checked.
>
> 'load_response' seemed to do it well at first.

Yes, unfortunately, this is a tricky problem.  Basically, with
checkboxes and Tcl, you have absolutely no way at all of knowing
whether the value is

[list foo bar"]

or "foo bar"

So it's best to use the various [var] commands to explicitly request a
list or not.

I don't know if the archives are very easy to find, but I recall
discussing this extensively many years ago.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting