tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Manghi <man...@biol.unipr.it>
Subject ChildExitScript directive: is the script run at all upon child exit?
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:38:06 GMT
Hi, questions stagger in my mind as the development with
Rivet becomes frantic. I have implemented a mechanism
that  allow some kind of basic ipc among the apache children.
It is based on a database table where every child creates
a row with its pid as a primary key. That row is supposed to be
deleted when the ChildExitScript is run by Rivet, but it is not
happening at all. I put some messages in the exit script to see
if they show up in the child log but they did not
(I didn't pay attention to that before). Messages printed by
the init script are in the logfile as expected

Naturally many children have exited now after 2 days of uptime:
in fact the number of rows created is larger than the number of
the running apache children  (ps uax | grep apache | wc -l)

the rivet.conf file has these lines for declaring the init/exit handlers

  RivetServerConf ChildInitScript       "source
/home/manghi/www/webdev/childinit.tcl"
  RivetServerConf ChildExitScript       "source
/home/manghi/www/webdev/childexit.tcl"

both scripts exist and have the same ownership and protection bits

the init script works (there is fundamental code in there and nothing
would work if it wasn't called)

apache has a

MaxRequestsPerChild 100

thank you for any suggestion.

--
-- Massimo Manghi

-- Dipartimento di Biologia Evolutiva e Funzionale
-- Università degli Studi di Parma
-- Parco Area delle Scienze 11A - 43100 Parma