tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Manghi <man...@biol.unipr.it>
Subject Re: manipulating http headers with rivet
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:33:27 GMT
David Welton wrote:

>> I'm not able to get the headers set the way I needed.
>> The problem is simple: 'headers set ' commands seems to have
>> no effect on the actual headers. I looked at the source code
>> for this command but it didn't help:
>> TclWeb_HeaderSet(char *header, char *val, TclWebRequest *req)
>> is simply a wrapper of the proper call to the apache server
>> and it gave me no clue on how to use it.
>
> Try the 'headers type' command, and see if that helps at all.

no, it didn't help. I had tried already, it failed and forgot to
mention that attempt. The response to HEAD is

~/www> HEAD http://localhost/~manghi/serveposter.rvt
200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:00:10 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.34 (Debian) Rivet
Client-Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:00:10 GMT
Client-Peer: 127.0.0.1:80
Client-Response-Num: 1

with the code in a rvt or tcl file. Actually I tried (as an
excercise) to put a variety of custom headers to see if
they got through to the client, but I cannot change a bit of
this standard headers.

The GET command

~/www> GET http://localhost/~manghi/serveposter.tcl > Poster.pdf

creates a good pdf though.

I understand  that I have to learn more if  I want trick the
browser into saving  a pure pdf file, but I did not find in the
apache docs an explanation on how transfer files using http
(I want to keep certain documents out of the server's
DocumentRoot).

--
-- Massimo Manghi

-- Dipartimento di Biologia Evolutiva e Funzionale
-- Università degli Studi di Parma
-- Parco Area delle Scienze 11A - 43100 Parma