tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Manghi <man...@biol.unipr.it>
Subject Re: manipulating http headers with rivet
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:02:47 GMT
Quoting David Welton <davidnwelton@gmail.com>:

> Things should work more or less like this: the first 'puts' triggers
> header sending.  So if you're doing templates or anything like that,
> that might be a place to look.

Of course I'm doing templates, but before I can put my code
in the template structure I wish I had a simple working piece
of code.

Do you mean that placing a "puts" in the right place might
get the headers sent at the right time? I tested apache
on this script

        headers type "application/pdf"
        headers set content-disposition "PPP.pdf"

        set poster [open Poster.pdf r]
        fconfigure $poster -translation binary
        set pdf    [read $poster]
        close $poster
        puts $pdf

strace output shows the calls on "write" with the headers
as buffers, but the browsers didn't notice it. I'm
trying to dump the whole session tonight

-- Massimo Manghi