tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin McLeod" <>
Subject help- having problems with apache and rivet50 under windows
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:52:08 GMT
I'm completely new to rivet, done some tcl years ago, and played with
apache on and off.
having problems getting it running under XP (sp2)
I have Installed Apache 1.3.33 using the windows msi installer
I have ActiveTCL 8.4.11, and have installed Rivet 0.50 using the windows
It has modified my httpd.conf like so;
LoadModule rivet_module modules/
<IfModule mod_rivet.c>
    RivetServerConf CacheSize 50
    AddType application/x-httpd-rivet .rvt
    AddType application/x-rivet-tcl .tcl
    Alias /rivet/ "C:\opt\Tcl\lib/rivet0.5.0/tests/"
    <Directory "C:\opt\Tcl\lib/rivet0.5.0/tests/">
        Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
when I start apache I get
Apache/1.3.33 (Win32) Rivet running...
and using the example hello.rvt
puts "Hello World"
but I get the following error in the browser:
Rivet ErrorScript failed!

can not find channel named "stdout"
    while executing
"puts <PRE>"
    (procedure "::Rivet::handle_error" line 5)
    invoked from within
I have modified my environment based on a thread I saw on the dev
mailing list, so the path to tcl\bin is in the system env
instead of the user env, but to no avail;
so I hope you can help - it looks a neat package, and I desperately want
to try it!

Communications on or through ioko's computer systems may be monitored or recorded to secure
effective system operation and for other lawful purposes.

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing, this communication is to be treated as confidential
and the information in it may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it
has been sent. If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this
communication, please contact the sender immediately. No employee is authorised to conclude
any binding agreement on behalf of ioko with another party by e-mail without prior express
written confirmation.

ioko365 Ltd.  VAT reg 656 2443 31. Reg no 3048367. All rights reserved.

View raw message