tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From "W. Jeffrey Rankin" <jran...@oneil.com>
Subject Re: Apache Rivet on Solaris 9
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 23:42:46 GMT
On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, David N. Welton wrote:

> "W. Jeffrey Rankin" <jrankin@oneil.com> writes:
>
> > Now I run 'make.tcl shared', the output of this command is at this
> > URL (it's pretty verbose, so I didn't want to attach it):
> > http://jrankin.ath.cx/make.txt
>
> > The tail of this output is:
> > ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
> > sections
> >     while executing
> > "close $fd")!
>
> > Any ideas on what to look at next? Thanks - Jeff
>
> I would look at the tcConfig.sh that is being used.  It should have
> commands like:

OK, tclConfig.sh is here:
http://jrankin.ath.cx/tclConfig.sh.txt

This version has 2 small modifications, (1) cc changed to gcc, and (2)
TCL_SHLIB_CFLAGS='-KPIC' changed to TCL_SHLIB_CFLAGS='-fPIC'.

With these changes, rivet seems to compile and install fine, though the
instructions may be out of date in that they refer to mod_rivet.so and I
have a different directory structure and a file called librivet.so.

I've added appropriate directives to apache (referring to librivet.so),
however when I try to start apache I get this:

jrankin@ultra /home/jrankin/apache/bin> ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 205 of /home/jrankin/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `rivet_module' in file
/home/jrankin/apache/rivet/packages/rivet/librivet.so: ld.so.1:
/home/jrankin/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: rivet_module: can't find symbol
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

So, it looks like we're closer, any ideas what this error may mean? Thanks
- Jeff

> # Flags to pass to cc when compiling the components of a shared library:
> TCL_SHLIB_CFLAGS='-fPIC'
>
> You seem to have:
>
> 	Command: cc -g -O  -KPIC -I/home/jrankin/apache/include -I/usr/local/ActiveTcl/include
  -DTCL_THREADED=1 -c rivetParser.c