tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From "W. Jeffrey Rankin" <>
Subject Apache Rivet on Solaris 9
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:32:31 GMT

I'm trying to set up Rivet on Solaris 9 for the first time, and I'm having
some problems. Some info on my setup:

Apache 1.3.27 installed in /home/jrankin/apache
ActiveTcl installed in /usr/local/ActiveTcl/

Attached is the output I receive when I run src/make.tcl (make.txt). The
first problem is that it's looking at the location of my Apache 2.0.39
install (/usr/local/apache). OK, that seemed a simple enough problem to
fix, so I looked at make.tcl, and did the following:

set APXS "apxs" to set APXS "/home/jrankin/apache/bin/apxs"

Now, and run make.tcl once again and get the following:

apxs:Error: Sorry, no DSO support for Apache available
apxs:Error: under your platform. Make sure the Apache
apxs:Error: module mod_so is compiled into your server
apxs:Error: binary `/home/jrankin/apache/bin/httpd'.
    while executing
    invoked from within
    (file "./make.tcl" line 51)

I'm thinking my apache installation is missing something (mod_so?). Before
I proceed too deeply into this, I'd like to get your feedback on any
problems that I might encounter. Thanks, let me know if you need
additional information.

- Jeff
View raw message