tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From Damon Courtney <da...@your.unreality.com>
Subject Re: Error logging
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:21:05 GMT
> Hrm... I'm undecided.  It wouldn't be much larger, but maybe adding a
> timestamp in Tcl itself would be more Tcl'ish?

    Hrmm... We could just add a command to do error logging.  All it would
do is 'puts stderr' with an Apache timestamp on the front.

> 	if (toplevel && rsc->rivet_after_script) {
> 	    Tcl_AppendObjToObj(outbuf, Tcl_NewStringObj(rsc->rivet_after_script, -1));
> 	}
>
> We could do something like:
>
> if (toplevel) {
> #ifdef DEFAULT_AFTER_SCRIPT
>     rsc->after_script = DEFAULT_AFTER_SCRIPT;
> #endif
>     if(rsc->after_script) {
>          Tcl_AppendObjToObj(outbuf, Tcl_NewStringObj(rsc->rivet_after_script, -1));
>     }
> }
>
> Something like that...
>
> Let's see what you've got though, so I can see exactly how you've done
> it:-) I definitely think the file/socket cleanup stuff could be
> useful.

    Nah.  Screw all that. 0-]  I made it into it's own procedure called
cleanup_open_channels, and they can run it as an "AfterScript" if they
want to.  I, originally, put it in the cleanup_request proc since it's
there but not really doing anything.  What do you think abou that?