tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From Damon Courtney <da...@your.unreality.com>
Subject Re: Built rivet on Windows using MinGW
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 07:43:22 GMT
> "Zeinert, Holger" <Holger.Zeinert@lms-gmbh.de> writes:
>
> > However, there are some things I had to change and some open
> > questions:
> >
> > 1. MinGW does not support a "crypt.h", only a "wincrypt.h". I
> > decided to just make sure, that the command crypt always fails:
>
> > Suprising, it seems to work without it. I ran some of the examples
> > and tests and they seem to work. Of course, the commands
>
> librivet.so is 'extra' stuff.  Damon Courtney knows more about it than
> I do.  I haven't written any tests for it, so the tests most likely
> wouldn't have any problems.

    It's just extra commands that are extremely useful. 0-]  They're
pretty much just straight Tcl commands though.  I imagine they should
easily compile on Windows.

> >         unescape_string -- Rivet_UnescapeStringCmd
> >         escape_string -- Rivet_EscapeStringCmd
> >         escape_sgml_chars -- Rivet_EscapeSgmlCharsCmd
> >         escape_shell_command -- Rivet_EscapeShellCommandCmd
> >
> >         lremove -- Rivet_LremoveObjCmd
> >         comma_split -- Rivet_CommaSplitObjCmd
> >         comma_join -- Rivet_CommaJoinObjCmd
> >         lassign_array -- Rivet_LassignArrayObjCmd
> >
> >         encrypt -- Rivet_EncryptCmd
> >         decrypt -- Rivet_DecryptCmd
> >         crypt -- Rivet_CryptCmd
> >
> > are not available. When are these used? Only if they appear in a .rvt file?

    These are just commands that a user can use.  They serve no purpose to
the core of Rivet, hence the reason they're compiled as a separate library.
They don't HAVE to be loaded into Rivet, but a user who wants the commands
can.