tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Lehenbauer <k...@superconnect.net>
Subject Head's up on potential Rivet problems with the Apple Safari web browser
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:42:49 GMT
Hey Gang,

My Rivet app broke when trying to use it with Safari, Apple's new web
browser.  Cookies weren't getting set properly.

I examined the cookies in Safari, and their path was "/index.rvt"
instead of "/".  The cookie sets did not have an explicit path.

Examining cookies in Mozilla, their path was "/".

I changed my app to, wherever it did a cookie set, to add a "-path /"
and it fixed the app in Safari.

I don't know if you should consider changing "cookie set" to have a
default path, changing it to require a path, adding a note to the
documentation or waiting for Apple to sort it out... up to you.

Karl