tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Rivet Extensions
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:05:35 GMT
Damon Courtney <> writes:

>     Of course, Rivet will be distributed in source code by itself,
> but I'm really looking to put together a "batteries included"
> release with all the things your average web newbie might need.  So,
> what extensions should Rivet consider for inclusion?

Would this hypothetical person already have Tcl?

Activestate includes a lot of stuff.  Maybe replicating their work
isn't in our best interests?

>     Inevitably, when Rivet can compile and run like a champ on
> Windows, all of this will include a full, binary Windows release in
> a nice, easy-to-use installer.  So, your average newbie can run a
> Rivet server on their Windows box within minutes.  That's the dream
> anyway. 0-]

Sounds like a great idea.  The first step down that road is to get
Holger's patches integrated and tested on windows...

David N. Welton
Free Software:
   Apache Tcl:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: