tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Apache Rivet on Solaris 9
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:26:51 GMT
"W. Jeffrey Rankin" <jrankin@oneil.com> writes:

> Now I run 'make.tcl shared', the output of this command is at this
> URL (it's pretty verbose, so I didn't want to attach it):
> http://jrankin.ath.cx/make.txt

> The tail of this output is:
> ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
> sections
>     while executing
> "close $fd")!

> Any ideas on what to look at next? Thanks - Jeff

I would look at the tcConfig.sh that is being used.  It should have
commands like:

# Flags to pass to cc when compiling the components of a shared library:
TCL_SHLIB_CFLAGS='-fPIC'

You seem to have:

	Command: cc -g -O  -KPIC -I/home/jrankin/apache/include -I/usr/local/ActiveTcl/include
-DTCL_THREADED=1 -c rivetParser.c
Output: cc: unrecognized option `-KPIC'

Which looks like it might be related to the subsequent problems with
the linker.

I wonder where it's getting that -KPIC from?  If you want, you could
also put your tclConfig.sh up on the web for us to look at.  You only
have one of them, right?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/