tcl-rivet-dev mailing list archives

From (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Apache Rivet on Solaris 9
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:26:51 GMT
"W. Jeffrey Rankin" <> writes:

> Now I run 'make.tcl shared', the output of this command is at this
> URL (it's pretty verbose, so I didn't want to attach it):

> The tail of this output is:
> ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
> sections
>     while executing
> "close $fd")!

> Any ideas on what to look at next? Thanks - Jeff

I would look at the that is being used.  It should have
commands like:

# Flags to pass to cc when compiling the components of a shared library:

You seem to have:

	Command: cc -g -O  -KPIC -I/home/jrankin/apache/include -I/usr/local/ActiveTcl/include
-DTCL_THREADED=1 -c rivetParser.c
Output: cc: unrecognized option `-KPIC'

Which looks like it might be related to the subsequent problems with
the linker.

I wonder where it's getting that -KPIC from?  If you want, you could
also put your up on the web for us to look at.  You only
have one of them, right?

David N. Welton
Free Software:
   Apache Tcl: