tcl-mod_dtcl mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Problem to download a .txt file
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:33:38 GMT
"Raghu Ram Banda" <raghu1978@hotmail.com> writes:

> I working with mod_dtcl and wrote a .ttml page which contains bunch
> of hyper links and I want to download the text when user click on
> the link. Here is the header I created to do so:

Hi, as we've indicated on the web pages, Rivet is the current
evolution of mod_dtcl.  It's bigger, faster, stronger, etc...!  So do
consider switching to that, and subscribing to
rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org.

>   header set Content-Disposition: "attachment"; filename:xyz.txt
>   header set Content-Description: ttml
>   header set Cache-Control "private"
>   header set Pragma "cache"

> With this header I'm able to download the .txt file successfully
> with all browsers except Netscape 7.0. Is there any workaround or is
> there any problem with my header.

> Can anyone help me in this regard.

Why not just have the file be a .txt?  You want the person to be able
to just download it directly rather than saving it?  Maybe you could
do something sneaky and .zip the files so that the default behavior is
obeyed.

If not... hrm.  If it works with other browsers, it seems as though it
is probably a browser issue rather than a mod_dtcl problem.  Maybe you
should attempt to ask the question on a browser forum?

Out of curiousity, what is the error/divergence from expected behavior
in the browser?

--
David N. Welton
Personal:                   http://dedasys.com/davidw/