tcl-mod_dtcl mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Vanishing cookies??
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 18:09:45 GMT
"Stephen A Readman" <stephenr@slayer.com> writes:

> I'm pretty new to mod_dtcl, but I can't seem to set cookies
> properly, basically I've written a module that allows users to
> browse the servers directory structure, but I want to use a cookie
> to store the last directory the user browsed and present it to them
> next time they visit the page.

> The cookie seems to persist for the duration of the client, but once
> I destroy and restart my browser - no cookie??

Hrm, I think I recall someone having a similar problem, once upon a
time.  You might check to make sure the cookie looks right (follow the
server interaction with a system call trace on the apache process, or
something similar).  I wonder if it's a browser problem?  You might
also look through the list archives...

>  <?
> headers setcookie "foo" "bar" # we have to put this before any 'hputs' statements

> hgetvars

>    if {! [var exists dir]} {

>      #Check for the cookie
>      if { [ array exists COOKIES ] } {
>  if { [array get COOKIES DirBrowserDir] != "" } {
>    #Found the cookie var - use it
>      set gstrDir [lindex [array get COOKIES DirBrowserDir] end]
>         } else {
>           #Cookie var wasn't found - default the dir
>    set gstrDir {/}
>       }
>      } else {
>  #no cookie array - default the dir
>   set gstrDir {/}
>      }

>    } else {

>      #Use the var passed in
>      set gstrDir [var get dir]
>      if {$gstrDir == ""} {
>        set gstrDir {/}
>      }
>    }

>    #Remember the dir for next session
>    headers setcookie -name "DirBrowserDir" -value $gstrDir

maybe put an expiration time?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/