tcl-mod_dtcl mailing list archives

From (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: ld failes
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:13:57 GMT
Steve Szabo <> writes:

> celeborn [/home/celeborn/src/apache_1.3.23] $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /app/tcl/lib:/usr/local/lib

This isn't enough - this is for programs that are being run, not
> gcc  -DSOLARIS2=280 -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED
> `../apaci`   -o gen_test_char gen_test_char.o -ltcl8.3 -lm -lsocket -lnsl
> /usr/local/bin/ld: cannot find -ltcl8.3

It's missing the -L/app/tcl/lib

What you want, I think is:

     The value of `LIBRARY_PATH' is a colon-separated list of
     directories, much like `PATH'.  When configured as a native
     compiler, GCC tries the directories thus specified when searching
     for special linker files, if it can't find them using
     `GCC_EXEC_PREFIX'.  Linking using GCC also uses these directories
     when searching for ordinary libraries for the `-l' option (but
     directories specified with `-L' come first).

Try that!

David N. Welton
Free Software:
   Apache Tcl: