tcl-mod_dtcl mailing list archives

From Wojciech Kocjan <wojci...@kocjan.org>
Subject Re: external software?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:04:36 GMT

David N. Welton wrote:
> I'm trying to think up a list of what people would like to use from
> their apache tcl installations.
>
> XML
>  - which ones?
I suppose TclDOM 2. and TclXML 2.x thetas are the most interesting ones.

> Database stuff - mysql, postgres, oracle

Definitely.

> gdtclft?
> incr Tcl?

Probably just a big bloat - I never lacked OO in Tcl for anything else
than GUI.

> TclX?

This one is tricky.

> shared memory? (need to write interface to libmm...)

I suppose something for sharing data would be cool - ie
ap_share set domain name value

> Maybe we ought to look at distributing some of this stuff directly
> from tcl.apache.org, to make people's lives easier.

I know you don't like it, but bundling stuff with mod_dtcl (the so
called 'kitchen sink') would be nice.

--
WK