tcl-mod_dtcl mailing list archives

From Sven Geggus <s...@geggus.net>
Subject Re: generating wap using mod_dtcl
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:10:39 GMT
On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:13:39PM +0100, David N. Welton wrote:
> I'm afraid I don't know anything about WAP (isn't it dead/dying?)

It probably is, but I have a real live application for generating some
dynamic data for my mobile phone.

> if you can tell me what you need, I'm sure I can help you get it
> working.

Hm, I need a replacement for the

AddType application/x-httpd-tcl .ttml

Statement in the apache copnfigfile.

Using static wap I have a mime type line this in /etc/mime.types

--cut--
text/vnd.wap.wml	wml
--cut--

This way I can set up static wap pages with the .wml ending.

A simple example would look as follows:

--cut--
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
<wml>
   <card>
     dummy test page
   </card>
</wml>
--cut--

The thing I don't understand at the Moment is how to make .ttml files beeing
something else than text/html (text/vnd.wap.wml in this case).

Sven

--
"We just typed make"
(Stephen Lambrigh, Director of Server Product Marketing at Informix