tcl-mod_dtcl mailing list archives

From dav...@apache.org (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: accessing CGI variables
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:57:37 GMT
Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com> writes:

> On 12 Jul, David N. Welton wrote:
> [...]
> > but  VARS  gets  created  in  mod_dtcl.c...oops, I  did  have  an  #if
> > backwards. Thanks for catching this:-) Fixed and committed.

> Interesting... :| Could you send me the diff, so the FreeBSD port
> works until the next release?

I will put out a new release within the next day or two.

> >> What's the new procedure (and why is it not documented)?

> > The new procedure is the 'var' command, as discussed here a few
> > weeks ago. And it is documented on the 'commands' page. I need to
> > create a few new examples pages, though (one for .tcl files too).

> The only doc I know is

> 	http://tcl.apache.org/mod_dtcl/documentation.ttml

> Where is the 'commands' page?

I was under the impression that you were using the CVS code.

> > Thanks again...  If no one tells me what they don't like or if
> > something isn't working for them, it doesn't get fixed!

> Well, usually, a software project develops a (growing) set of
> regression tests, which are run before each change is committed, and
> definetly before a release is made. But now I sound condescending...

<pissy mood>
Usually, if there is a problem, *someone* mentions it.  I find it
disheartening that no one has written about this...  I mean, does
anyone give a shit?  If not, I have better things to do with my time.
</pissy mood>

Mikhail, thank you for letting me know about this.  The problem has
been corrected in the CVS code, which has correct documentation, and
will be released soon.

As far as a regression test, we do have one, but it needs to be
extended.  If you have experience with writing testing code, your
contributions would be more than welcome.  I do not have this
experience myself.

The technical problem is that to really exercise everything, you need
to launch Apache in some kind of controlled environment...  Ideas on
how to do this?

> BTW, that doc-page above gives a link to the mailing archive, which
> is only available up to December.  I can set up archiving on a
> private news-server (I already archive 4 mailing lists there)... Let
> me know if you care...

What kind of web access can you provide?  The ASF doesn't really have
any provisions for doing mailing list archives, other than flat text
files, which aren't of much use.  What I'd like to see is a
searchable, threaded archive.  But even if that's not possible,
anything is better than what we have now.

Thankyou,
--
David N. Welton
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/