tcl-mod_dtcl mailing list archives

From dav...@apache.org (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: mod_dtcl and aolserver - and maybe CGI
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 14:57:48 GMT
Wojciech Kocjan <wojciech@kocjan.org> writes:

[ dtcl on aolserver ]

If someone wants to, go ahead, let me know how it goes, but it's not
on my list of things to do:-)

> Also, it would be good to have a CGI interface to dtcl, but not one
> written in Tcl. But this is probably more of a future plan.

It would require a rewrite of a lot of things, as it's all pretty tied
up with Apache.  Seeing as how it's not a real high priority, the Tcl
version is probably the fastest way to do things.

> The thing is that it would be nice to rewrite the dtcl parser to be
> more universal. This could slow things down a bit (I'm not sure
> about that one, especially if it's written in a nice manner), but
> shouldn't be that bad...

The chances of doing this have improved some with the rewriting I've
been doing, but it's still not there %100.

--
David N. Welton
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/