taverna-users mailing list archives

From Ian Dunlop <ianwdun...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Dockerization of Taverna Server - Vimig Socrates
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2019 09:52:27 GMT
Hello,

Hi Vimig. Have you had a look at https://hub.docker.com/r/taverna/taverna-server/ which is
a taverna server in Tomcat 8. I haven’t used this recently but I think it used to work.
Are you required to use Tomcat 7? What workflow were you trying to run. It looks like the
code that is causing the issue are:

at org.taverna.server.master.worker.RemoteRunDelegate.getStatus(RemoteRunDelegate.java:214)
	at org.taverna.server.master.worker.RunDatabase.checkForFinishNow(RunDatabase.java:83)

though I don’t know why they are trying to connect to 127.0.0.1. I’m not sure if its the
workflow causing the problem or the TavServ itself.

Cheers,

Ian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Vimig Socrates
Sent: 03 April 2019 03:56
To: users@taverna.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Dockerization of Taverna Server - Vimig Socrates

Hello everyone!

I am currently trying to Dockerize a Taverna Server v2.5.4 deployed on a Tomcat 7 server.
I am having some issues when I actually try to run a workflow. I get a Connection Refused
error as below:

java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:619)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:216)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:613)
    ... 21 more

I've attached the full tavserv.out file for reference. I believe the reason is that 127.0.0.1
refers to the host computer through the Docker bridge, but I am not sure how to fix that.
Do I need to add something to the tavernaserver.properties file? Thanks for the help!

--
Vimig Socrates
Case Western Reserve University Class of 2018