taverna-users mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Get UUID during Workflow Run
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2018 13:05:24 GMT
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 01:55:17 -0500, Vimig Socrates <vsocrates@case.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to get the Taverna workflow UUID in Taverna 2.5 within the
> workflow? I want to create a file named with a unique identifier per run.
> Thank you!

There are several UUIDs, if you think of the run UUID within Taverna Server
then that is available as the $TAVERNA_RUN_ID operating system
environment variable.

See
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8cb7c4bbc0ec764760d77367b45194d82203194ec051fcaea2d63bff@1461223648@%3Cdev.taverna.apache.org%3E

and
http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/4862.html
on how to extract it within the workflow.

If you are thinking of the internal UUID of a particular workflow run,
as recorded in provenance database and exported in provenance trace,
then that is determined separately and could be looked up through more
complicated ways:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e48a40f37d5161581086cab8a300b85bdd9bb048a69bc0df61a21583@1460133179@%3Cdev.taverna.apache.org%3E

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes