taverna-users mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Taverna Workbench crashes on Mac OS
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:51:27 GMT
On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 17:29:14 +0000, Michele Donato <mdonato@stanford.edu> wrote:
> First of all, thanks for your reply.
>
> One thing to notice, it is not a problem of the retina display, but it is related to
the graphic card. And, more specifically, Taverna does not start with the discrete card, but
if I start it with the integrated one, and then I switch, everything works correctly. This
makes me think that whichever component causes the crash it is not fundamental to the application.

> In any case, I understand that solving this issue leads to a whole other sets of issues.
>
> I will follow the development and try to see if the next versions work for me.

I think the Taverna app for Mac OS includes a bundled Java 7
distribution which is probably not updated for the latest Retina
displays.

Would you be OK testing if it would help help with a newer Java?

I'm afraid you would have to install it manually.

Download from
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

You might need to enable the full JCE encryption or delete your
keychain from ~/Library/Application Support/Taverna*

Then try the "Standalone" ZIP version of Taverna:
(http://www.taverna.org.uk/download/workbench/2-5/core/#download-binary)

Start Terminal, try "java -version" first, then
go to the folder where you unpacked the standalone ZIP and
run ./taverna.sh

If this works, then you can try to modify the Taverna.app folder and
replace its "jre" folder with a copy of the one you just installed.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
University of Manchester