taverna-users mailing list archives

From "Whitmire, Sarah" <swhit...@uncc.edu>
Subject Fwd: Workflow Inquiry
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 15:07:37 GMT
To whom it may concern,

I'm a new user to Taverna and I'm about to create a new workflow where I
want to input a disease and output a list of genes associated with the
disease. From there I want to perform a functional analysis of those genes
to find a cluster that is largely associated with disease progression. I
want to do drug mining against this cluster of genes in a public database
such as drugbank, DGIdb etc.
Would Taverna be an appropriate software to use to run such query? Would I
need to download any additional plugins?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Sarah Whitmire
UNC Charlotte Class of 2016 Levine Scholar
Biology B.S. | Music Minor
Professional Science Master's: Bioinformatics (2017)
Research | Department of Kinesiology: Laboratory of Systems Physiology
Mobile: (910) 233-5908