taverna-users mailing list archives

From <N.M.Palmb...@lumc.nl>
Subject Passing list of lists (or any higher dimension) to R in Taverna?
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 08:17:50 GMT
Dear all,

Perhaps this has been addressed elsewhere, but I could not find anything. What is the best,
or recommended, way of passing a list of lists (or a list of lists of lists, etc.) to an Rshell
in Taverna? The lists in the list are not of equal length, i.e. not a perfect 2D matrix, and
some lists are empty. If possible, I would like to capture it as a list structure in R and
go from there.

The solution I came up with was to flatten the list, inserting markers for each sublist, then
pass this single list to and parse it in R. This works, but is hardly elegant (some may say
it is even extremely inelegant).

All the best,

Magnus Palmblad