taverna-users mailing list archives

From divzee Chandrashakher <divzeeb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Taverna player usage
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 13:27:21 GMT
Hi Denis,

Thank you for your step-wise instructions. I installed ruby 2.1.6 and
followed the steps. But still I couldn't succeed (see below from A to F). I
am thinking of writing simple web page that uses restful api of taverna
server to execute workflows. Its a pity that there is no easy/simple guide
for taverna beginners to install server and portal. I believe this might
slow down user's adoption of taverna.

A. "rake setup" did not work.
[admin@localhost taverna-player-portal-master]$ rake setup
rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'setup'

B. So I simply invoked "rake". But it threw error which is something to do
with paperclip (Diagram Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError)
[admin@localhost taverna-player-portal-master]$ rake
[Coveralls] Set up the SimpleCov formatter.
[Coveralls] Using SimpleCov's 'rails' settings.
DEPRECATION WARNING: superclass_delegating_accessor is deprecated and will
be removed from Rails 5.0 (use class_attribute instead). (called from <top
(required)> at
/home/admin/01_Installations/taverna-player-portal-master/test/performance/authorization_test.rb:4)
Run options: --seed 3155

# Running:

....EEE.EEEEEEEEE.EEEEE.EFEEEEEEEEFEE...

Finished in 4.373955s, 9.1450 runs/s, 3.8866 assertions/s.

  1) Error:
TavernaPlayer::RunsControllerTest#test_should_get_edit_form_if_admin:
ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid: Validation failed: Diagram
Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Diagram
Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError
    test/controllers/taverna_player/runs_controller_test.rb:43:in `block in
<class:RunsControllerTest>'

(output cut)

30) Error:
WorkflowsTest#test_filters_out_non-visible_workflows:
ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid: Validation failed: Diagram
Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Diagram
Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError
    test/models/workflows_test.rb:22:in `block in <class:WorkflowsTest>'

40 runs, 17 assertions, 2 failures, 28 errors, 0 skips
[Coveralls] Outside the CI environment, not sending data.
[admin@localhost taverna-player-portal-master]$

C. accessing portal via http://localhost:3000 asked me to run the following
command. so I executed it
[admin@localhost taverna-player-portal-master]$ bin/rake db:migrate
RAILS_ENV=development

D. Started server again
[admin@localhost taverna-player-portal-master]$ bin/rails s
=> Booting WEBrick
=> Rails 4.2.1 application starting in development on http://localhost:3000
=> Run `rails server -h` for more startup options
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
[2015-07-01 23:26:46] INFO  WEBrick 1.3.1
[2015-07-01 23:26:46] INFO  ruby 2.1.6 (2015-04-13) [x86_64-linux]
[2015-07-01 23:26:46] INFO  WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=12947 port=3000

E. from another console started job worker
[admin@localhost taverna-player-portal-master]$ bin/rake jobs:work
[Worker(host:localhost.localdomain pid:13058)] Starting job worker

F. I could see the portal home page. Registered and logged in to upload
taverna workflow. But this step failed with the following error

2 errors prohibited this workflow from being saved:

    Diagram Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError
    Diagram Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError

Thanks
Rakesh

--
Divya C