taverna-users mailing list archives

From "Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fell...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: A few questions before choosing Taverna for our project
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 10:49:47 GMT
On 23/04/2015 22:25, Ahmad Aburomman wrote:
> But I got confused:(

You're not experienced with building fairly large Maven projects with
lots of dependencies? Get the build from our Artifactory. :-)

http://repository.mygrid.org.uk/artifactory/libs-snapshot-local/uk/org/taverna/server/server-client/2.5.5-SNAPSHOT/server-client-2.5.5-20150425.104736-20.jar

That should be a largely self-contained JAR (85kB) with a few external
dependencies (org.jvnet.ws.wadl:wadl-core:1.1.6,
com.sun.jersey:jersey-client:1.8, commons-io:commons-io:2.4,
org.apache.tika:tika-core:1.5, com.google.code.findbugs:jsr305:1.3.7)
which we don't include since we don't normally repackage external
libraries in the Open Source world. ;-)

The above URL is not persistent; it is to a version that may go away
without warning (because we only keep a limited number of snapshot
versions). I'm not sure how to generate a link to the directory in the
Artifactory tree.

MAVEN INSTRUCTIONS
------------------
DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU AREN'T USING MAVEN FOR THE REST OF YOUR CLIENT.
THESE ASSUME THAT YOU KNOW HOW MAVEN WORKS ALREADY; WE WON'T TEACH YOU THAT!

It has the following Maven coordinates:

   <dependency>
       <groupId>uk.org.taverna.server</groupId>
       <artifactId>server-client</artifactId>
       <version>2.5.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
   </dependency>

And that will depend on you having the myGrid repository set up:

   <repositories>
       <repository>
           <releases />
           <snapshots>
               <enabled>false</enabled>
           </snapshots>
           <id>mygrid-repository</id>
           <name>myGrid Respository</name>
           <url>http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/repository</url>
       </repository>
       <repository>
           <releases>
               <enabled>false</enabled>
           </releases>
           <snapshots>
               <enabled>true</enabled>
           </snapshots>
           <id>mygrid-snapshots</id>
           <name>myGrid Snapshot Respository</name>
           <url>http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/snapshot-repository</url>
       </repository>
   </repositories>

Donal.