taverna-users mailing list archives

From "Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fell...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: A few questions before choosing Taverna for our project
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 14:33:25 GMT
On 13/04/2015 13:27, alaninmcr wrote:
> I've started a hangout. If anyone else wants to join, the URL is
> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gwg7xzlz4c6cyabi5popr6mohma

As was discussed, the code at:

    https://github.com/myGrid/t2-server-jar

is really quite old, and is missing critical features. The client in the
server codebase:

    https://github.com/taverna/taverna-server/tree/2.5/server-client

is up to date (and is part of what we've contributed to Apache, so it
will continue to be supported) though it is currently a bit awkward to
build and isn't a finished release yet. To build the 2.5 version (NB:
NOT Apache code, but equivalent to) check out the server code from github:

    https://github.com/taverna/taverna-server.git

and then use maven to build it. I recommend 'mvn install' for that. That
will download the world a bit, but will eventually create the following
artefact in your system-local maven repository.

    <dependency>
        <groupId>uk.org.taverna.server</groupId>
        <artifactId>server-client</artifactId>
        <version>2.5.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>

That should be quite fully featured enough to support generating
provenance (as part of the run bundle) provided you ask for it; you're
still expected to understand the general server usage patterns, which
are documented online currently at:

    http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/tav250/Taverna+Server+2.5

What we (well, probably I) will do next is to update the build so that a
proper client artefact is produced that doesn't have explicit
dependencies on other parts of the server build (currently it uses a
supporting library for handling Resource Usage Records) and get 2.5.5
released so that we can have an actual artefact that we can point to,
rather than some sort of SNAPSHOT.

Oh, and you *might* be able to use the build in our Artifactory:

http://repository.mygrid.org.uk/artifactory/libs-snapshot-local/uk/org/taverna/server/server-client/2.5.5-SNAPSHOT/server-client-2.5.5-20150304.170355-11.jar

That's not a long-term guaranteed URL and I don't know if it has all the
dependencies you need. But maybe it will work? :-)

Donal.