taverna-users mailing list archives

From "Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fell...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: A few questions before choosing Taverna for our project
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 09:52:27 GMT
On 08/04/2015 10:30, Vitor Freitas wrote:
> Actually I started the development of this taverna java client [1]
> because I couldn't find at the time a client to work with the Taverna
> Server. Actually, later on I found it hidden in the server code base, as
> Alan said hehe.
>
> I used a kind of naive implementation just to do some proof of concept,
> in order to integrate our experiment platform (which is written in java)
> with taverna.
>
> About the provenance thing I will check it out, maybe it is something I
> haven't implemented on my client. Anyway, probably this client [2] is
> more complete... Would be good if it was detached from the server code base

My original plan was to evolve that into a separate product library that
we could publish somewhere (like Maven Central?) but I got side-tracked
into a different project for the past couple of months. :-) The
t2-server-jar library hasn't had any commits for some time; I don't know
if it supports the current server API (if it doesn't, it'll only be
missing a few methods). It probably ought to be merged with the code in
the server codebase, which uses a somewhat different code-generation
technique (it derives the binding layer from WADL instead of building it
up from XSD directly).

Donal.