taverna-users mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-re...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Fwd: stackstorm - cannot you do that with Taverna?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 15:11:41 GMT
Steffen Möller - one of our Taverna advocates - asked me this question below.

I think it is great for the community to keep such discussion in
public as much as possible, so I am moving it here.

Have anyone else seen or made such 'triggered Taverna workflows'? I
imagine some kind of monitoring that just pushes onto Taverna Server,
but this could just as easily be done literally with cron and the
Taverna Command Line tool?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steffen Möller <smoesmoesmoe@gmail.com>
Date: 29 December 2014 at 01:51
Subject: stackstorm - cannot you do that with Taverna?
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>

Heyho Stian,

I just got aware of some noise for StackStorm to somehow have some
business with Canonical.

http://stackstorm.com/start-now/http://stackstorm.com/start-now/

I felt attracted by their concept of triggers, but otherwise felt that
all those ideas are long implemented with Taverna. Still, they have
something in their presentation that Taverna lacks, and I do not mean
the UNIX command line inspection to workflows. They somehow manage to
transport themselves as "as easy as cron".

Is there a chance you have some workflows for Taverna that get e.g.
triggered by email or an update in github or something alike?

Best,

Steffen