taverna-users mailing list archives

From Paul Pound <ppo...@upei.ca>
Subject Re: stackstorm - cannot you do that with Taverna?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 18:09:23 GMT
Saw a post on the Islandora-dev list expressing interest in how
Islandora triggers Taverna workflows.

We have been triggering Taverna workflows by listening for JMS
messages (repository items ingested or modified fire a JMS message).
When we get a message we look up the appropriate T2Flow document
(which is stored in the repository) and pass it on to Taverna Server
to call the services.  We use Taverna workbench to create the T2Flow
document.

Most of our workflows create derivatives, for example we might create
a JP2 from a TIFF.  We also OCR documents or send text to services
like OpenCalais.

There is a presentation we did here
http://www.islandscholar.ca/download_ds/ir%3A10825/OBJ/ir_10825.pdf

Paul

I forwarded this thread to islandora-dev
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!forum/islandora-dev