taverna-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Brennecke <christoph.brenne...@live.unigis.net>
Subject Taverna and ArcGIS WPS
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 10:45:10 GMT

Hello everyone,

my name is Christoph. I’m currently writing my Master Thesis about WPS Orchestration. My
Goal is it to orchestrate a WPS of a custom ArcGIS Model and to measure the efficiency of
the Orchestration.

I have recently done my first steps in Taverna following the Videos of Jorge de Jesus and
the PML's WPS from here https://rsg.pml.ac.uk/wps/index.html. I do now have a basic idea of
the functionality.

The Problem is that the WSDL of an ArcGIS WPS is totally different from a service created
with PyWPS. I tried uploading a regular ArcGIS Tool as a WPS and use it in Taverna, but it
looks the same. The Processes in the WSDL seem to have nothing to do with running the tool
and there seems to be no Input. I hope someone can help me with this.

The WSDL of the ArcGIS Hillshade Tool:

http://zgis209.geo.sbg.ac.at/arcgis/services/MA_Brennecke_30.05.2015/HillShade/GPServer?wsdl

My Custom Model:

http://zgis209.geo.sbg.ac.at/arcgis/services/MA_Brennecke_30.05.2015/PopulationDistance/GPServer?wsdl

The Model basically takes a single point Input (e.g. one City of OSM Places) on the one hand
and an OSM Places Shapefile on the other Hand to calculate the specific Distance of each City
around the single point Input (ArcGIS Near).

Do you think it is possible to orchestrate the service via Taverna?

Thanks for any help

Chris

Christoph Brennecke

Student