taverna-users mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-re...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Galaxy integration and / or web front end
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 17:24:36 GMT
On 9 December 2014 at 11:18, Andrea Schafferhans
<andrea.schafferhans@rostlab.org> wrote:

>> Perhaps an idea would be to fix the taverna-2-galaxy tool to use the
>> command line directly - or at least to use the 1.2.0 library?
> Sure, that would be an option. — I’m currently trying to find out where best to invest
our time and effort and was hoping that someone else had already done something, but currently
it doesn’t look like that.

I looked briefly at the code, but as it was Ruby code generating Ruby
code I got a bit confused.. :-(

Depending on how many workflows you want to integrate you could even
make the Galaxy tool description manually or through some other mean.

If you prefer to run workflows through the Taverna server, then the
t2-server-gem now includes some simple command line tools which you
could use to submit workflow runs and get the job status and results:

https://github.com/myGrid/t2-server-gem/tree/master/bin

>> There is a web front-end for Taverna Server called Taverna Player,
>> which is a Ruby on Rails plugin. It is however updated to the latest
>> version of the t2-server-gem and should work.
>> https://github.com/myGrid/taverna-player
> Ah, ok. So I guess we will focus on that, for now. — Thanks for the tips!

Great!  We would welcome any suggestions and improvements on
taverna-player, and to see how you end up using Taverna.