taverna-users mailing list archives

From alaninmcr <alanin...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Taverna Player provenance
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 10:25:06 GMT
On 02/12/2014 09:45, Nikos Minadakis wrote:
> Hello Alan,
>
> thank you for your answer.
>
> Regarding the versions question, Stian mentioned that Biovels portal is
> not using the version of Taverna Server that allows capturing/export of
> provenance but is planning that upgrade soon.

That may have been correct when you spoke with Stian, but the portal is
now using version 2.5.4 of the server. (So his "soon" has happened.) The
server has provenance exposure see
http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/tav250/REST+API#RESTAPI-Resource:/runs/{id}/run-bundle

> So, I am asking if there
> is a time-plan for this.

It is done.

There have been some changes to the RO bundle specification and we will
soon be releasing Taverna 2.5.1 that conforms to the specification.
There will also be a new version of the server to accompany the new
version of Taverna.

> Same for the capturing of who is doing which
> interaction.

That is not currently planned - we would need some well-described use
cases. You are very welcome to specify use cases and to contribute to
changes to the interaction activity.

> So, I will wait for Stians classifications for the rest of the answers.
>
> Thank you again for your response.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Nikos

Alan