taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Dunlop <ianwdun...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Mobile 1.0-incubating-RC1
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2019 13:01:58 GMT
Hello,

I think I know what you mean now. It’s the folder name inside the .tar.gz when you explode
it. Hmm. That seems to be be automatically put together by GitHub based on the repo name and
the tag name. Ie incubator-taverna-mobile & 1.0-incubating-RC2. That’s slightly annoying.
So  it looks like this GitHub release mechanism isn’t so great after all. Or at least I’ll
have to open the file and change the name then gzip it back up. Oh well.

Cheers,

Ian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ian Dunlop
Sent: 04 April 2019 13:40
To: dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Mobile 1.0-incubating-RC1

Hello,

@Stian I need a bit of clarification. Why did you say
-1 "-RC1" in folder name inside (not ideal)

Having RC1 in the folder name seems to agree with the instructions I follow at https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/releasing#uploading-to-distapacheorg
“Under source/, make a corresponding versioned folder for each product, and include the
RC number, avoiding confusion in case you need to make a second release candidate:”