taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Dunlop <ianwdun...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Taverna repository release plan
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2019 11:36:33 GMT
Hello,

I’ve started going through the release procedure for taverna-osgi using the guide at https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/releasing
(it’s been a while!). I’m confused by what I need to do about apache-taverna-maven-parent
since it seems to be depending on parent-4 which I don’t think has been released yet according
to https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/TAVERNA/versions. Does this
matter? Or does

“Remember that in OSGi, as long as we follow semantic versioning and don't break API compatibility,
an upstream dependency can be updated without forcing an update release of its downstream
users.”

get around this issue. Ie can I release taverna-osgi to depend on an unreleased version of
taverna-parent?

Cheers,

Ian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ian Dunlop
Sent: 28 March 2019 11:00
To: dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Taverna repository release plan

Hello,

I’ve created a GitHub tag for TavMob https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-mobile/releases/tag/v1.0.
I propose we use the source .tar.gz bundle for the release. Shall I proceed with this release
or does someone else want to try it? Let me know ASAP (today if possible).
I will also attempt to release OSGI & engine. I’m going to assume that there is no new
code to go in them since they have been quiet for a bit.