taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Dunlop <ianwdun...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Taverna repository release plan
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2019 11:00:42 GMT
Hello,

I’ve created a GitHub tag for TavMob https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-mobile/releases/tag/v1.0.
I propose we use the source .tar.gz bundle for the release. Shall I proceed with this release
or does someone else want to try it? Let me know ASAP (today if possible).
I will also attempt to release OSGI & engine. I’m going to assume that there is no new
code to go in them since they have been quiet for a bit.

Cheers,

Ian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Sagar
Sent: 27 March 2019 12:36
To: dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org
Cc: Ian Dunlop
Subject: Re: Taverna repository release plan

Agree with stain. We can release using Github.

I have a question regarding the release files, which files we need to include in it?

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 2:02 AM Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 10:54:17 +0000, Ian Dunlop <ianwdunlop@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’m not quite sure what the release process for 1) ie Taverna Mobile
> would be. Bundle up the source in a tgz? I have the feeling I
> suggested something a while back. I’ll need to dig through some old
> emails.

I think that's as good as it will get, we can just tag a release
candidate and then download the tar.gz from GitHub, that should exclude
.git

> Are you suggestion that OSGi & engine are released together? Or in the same release
vote anyway.

Yes, separate releases, just concurrent VOTEs.

> If we can think of how to approach 1) then I can put it together. I’m
> happy to try 3) as well which is probably a much easier process since
> it is maven/java.Well, as easy as that process ever gets.

At least it's the same process every time :)

Thanks!

> Do we have a date in mind for all this or just ASAP.

ASAP -so we can graduate! :)

--

Warmest regards
Sagar