taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.16.0-incubating RC1
Date Wed, 16 May 2018 11:33:32 GMT
On Tue, 15 May 2018 16:11:45 +0100, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:
> It's downloading from:
>
> https://dl.bintray.com/
> https://repo.spring.io/
> https://jcenter.bintray.com/
>
> even Apache artifacts are downloaded from these sites.
>
> Is there anything not in maven central?

Hmm.. I also noticed that. Peculiar, as I don't think Taverna Language
needs use any dependencies not in Maven Central.

I see this is inherited from Taverna Maven Parent:
from://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-maven-parent/blob/3-incubating/pom.xml#L849

.. but why is not https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ (Maven Central)
consulted first? Has the lookup order changed in recent Maven versions?

While before we needed repo.spring.io for various OSGi-compatible
re-packaging of existing libraries, now most of them have
OSGi-compatible JARs in the official Maven Central deployment.

Now I think those repositories are primarily needed by taverna-osgi and
taverna-engine (for Spring) -- so perhaps they should rather be listed
there rather than in taverna-maven-parent now that Taverna Language has
gained a more independent role? Might mean a bit of duplication though.

The .RELEASE versions of Spring are also in Maven Central so
perhaps repo.spring.io is not needed anymore at all?
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/springframework/spring-core/

Raised as TAVERNA-1049
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-1049

I also see that the Apache super-parent
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/19/apache-19.pom
was released just after last Taverna Maven Parent 3-incubating,
so it would be good to also update it for that, testing downstream with
any new plugin versions.

Raised as TAVERNA-1050
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-1050

--