taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Taverna Language?
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2018 22:34:55 GMT
Thanks for having a look, Thilina! Good to know we can always just
skip the tests to get it to compile.. but will it still work the same
in the rest of Taverna if some tests fail? :)

I had a look and I think the main tests failing now is something to do
with handling of folder/ names in RO Bundle that has changed in the
underlying zipfs in JDK9..

Basically before there was a bug in JDK where "folder1" was different
from "folder1/" (see TestZipFS.directoryOrFile() ) -- and it was
possible to create one as a file and another as a directory. But when
inspecting a path like "folder1/fred.txt" you might get "folder1" back
as it's parent, which was readable as a file in the zip file. Very
confusing.. (and somehow permitted by the ZIP format as that always
uses "/" in the end for folders)

So RO Bundle tried to be opinionated on this and forced the trailing
"/" if it was a directory. We then assumed / was there for other
parts, e.g. the Manifest.withSlash() method.

Now it seems JDK9 has fixed the bug, but taken the opposite stance
with always removing trailing "/" (except for the root), but this
breaks quite a few other things, like the JSON "bundledAs" we generate
from the Path.toString(), or the .toURI() used for resolving relative