taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podling graduation rally on incubator list
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 17:31:59 GMT

On 16/02/17 14:06, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a recent thread regarding getting podlings to graduate on the
> incubator mailing list. Perhaps we can add Taverna to their list. We may
> have stalled again. Any thoughts? What really, really, really needs done
> to graduate? Let's move out any non essential components. We've already
> released several so they are ready to go. Of the rest what do we really
> need to keep? I can't see any that are essential.

I think you've described the situation accurately.

* Decide which code is in and which is not.
* Release the "in" code.
* Don't stall :-)

Good would be to have more PPMC diversity of organisation.

Graduation needs the codebase to be ASF-clean and verified; that's
Tavernas main item in my view.  A release does that best.

Maybe Taverna isn't quite at the point to be rallied.  The other
podlings are mostly all done, just need to do the grdauation step itself.

A pass over the Apache Project Maturity Model [1] as a check would be no
bad thing.

Other mentors' inputs?

     Andy

[1]