taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Williams <alanin...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Tav Server admin
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 13:52:40 GMT
On 17-Nov-16 12:27, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the docker taverna/taverna-server image and want to add
> users/change passwords etc.So.....
>
> 1) Is it possible to admin a Taverna Server instance through a web
> interface? Is "Component: Taverna/Server/Users" in the admin guide
> (http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/tav250/Administration+Guide)
> referring to Java code or a web app?

There is definitely an admin web page. It is normally at
/tavernaserver/admin . I am not sure what can be administered from there.

> 2) How do you access the WEB-INF/user.properties file in a docker image
> so that you can change it? How can you persist it between container
> restarts?

I think (but am not completely certain) that the changes done in the
admin pane are saved in the server's database. That is read in
preference to the user.properties file. user.properties specifies the
properties to be used initially (when there are no values in the database).

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan